A free new update for Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on PlayStation 3 will be released next week in Japan. The patch adds a new pickup match mode, room customization, DualShock 3 support and other tweaks.
- Pickup Match Mode: a mode where you continually face off in one-on-one matches without having to got through a matching room. You can set conditions to search for an opponent, then battle the same opponent repeatedly, or have the computer search for new opponents following each match.
- Dual Shock 3 rumble support
- You can now create and display names for rooms
- Adjustments to allotment of points when winning and losing battles
- “Flag” option added to room creation and searching, allowing you to create and search for rooms that have been flagged with specific conditions
- Players who are waiting for their turn to fight will be alerted via sound effects and rumble when the time has come.
- When Rank Match has been set to off, your win/loss is no longer recorded and you do not earn battle points.
The update is out on March 18 at 1:00PM. No word on a western release yet.
Source – IGN