Movies you've seen recently (no spoilers)

Home Community Forums Off-Topic Movies you've seen recently (no spoilers)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Margaret avatar Margaret 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zhaan avatar
    Zhaan
    • Potion Master

ITT we discuss and give pointless scores to movies we’ve seen lately. I’ll start.

Thor Ragnarok

This was very different from the other Thor movies, but in a good way. I liked the whole 80s/retro theme but imo there was a bit too much humor. Hela looked cool but was kind of meh. Didn’t give a flying fuck about her henchman.

7/10

Bladerunner 2049

I enjoyed this movie almost as much as the original BR, but boy was it long. They nailed just about everything from the sound to the aesthetic and I liked the characters. Water fight scene was rad.

8.5/10

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Mixed feelings. I definitely enjoyed it, but they sure went in a different direction this time. Lots of unexpected things happened and I’m not sure how to feel about it. Episode IX should be interesting.

7.5/10

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by Zhaan avatar Zhaan.
    Momo avatar
    Momo
    • Slime Knight

Watched Deadpool 2 last week was great and I genuinely believe it to be a top 3 cape movie, went to hospital on the day I was supposed to watch Solo.

Zhaan avatar
    Zhaan
    • Potion Master

Solo

Meh. Generic movie with a boring plot and characters I didn’t care about. Ehrenreich is charismatic enough as an actor, but he didn’t sell me on young Han Solo. Lando felt like a half-assed imitation. Oh and that robot.. yikes. 5/10

Infinity War

This movie was a blast. Probably my new favourite Marvel movie. 9/10

Ready Player One

Boring nerd wank movie. I couldn’t even finish it. 4/10

The Quiet Place

Great ideas, decent execution. I feel like the sound concept was a bit inconsistent but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Abrupt ending though.. hate that. 7/10

Get Out

I felt really anxious watching this lol. Great tension and build up, fantastic actors. Ending was super satisfying too. 8/10

Deadpool 2

Way better than the first one, imo. Funny as hell. Bonus points for the acoustic version of Take On Me. 8/10

Pacific Rim: Uprising

Wow, this was bad. I loved the first one but this was almost unwatchable. Terrible humor, boring story and poor action scenes. Even the CGI looked worse. Wasted potential. 3/10

Justice League

I stopped watching this unfortunate mess 30 minutes in. Bring on the reboot. lol/10

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Zhaan avatar Zhaan.
    Margaret avatar
    Margaret
    • Super Peach

RPO was indeed a shallow film :/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.