Mushishi Zoku-Shō: Shiver like I used to
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

What it is

Mushishi is a beautiful, intelligent and provocative animu with an incredible soundtrack by legendary Naruto composer Toshio Masuda. This is a show everyone should watch, whether they like anime or not.

Season 2 OP

Mushishi Zoku-Shō’s opening is ‘Shiver’ by Lucy Rose.

Episodes

Mushishi is available on Crunchyroll. New episodes are released every week.

• Episode 1 – Mushi-shi
    • Episode 2 – The Warbling Sea Shell
    • Episode 3 – Beneath the Snow
    • Episode 4 – The Hand that Caresses
    • Episode 5 – Mirror Lake
    • Episode 6 – Floral Delusion
    • Episode 7 – Cloudless Rain
    • Episode 8 – Wind Raiser
    • Episode 9 – Coming soon

Plot

The story features ubiquitous creatures called Mushi (蟲) that often display what appear as supernatural powers. It is implied that there are many more lifeforms more primitive than “normal” living things such as animals, plants, fungi and bacteria, and Mushi is the most primitive of all. Due to their ethereal nature most humans are incapable of perceiving Mushi and are oblivious to their existence, but there are a few who possess the ability to see and interact with Mushi. One such person is Ginko (ギンコ), the main character of the series. He employs himself as a Mushi master (蟲師), traveling from place to place to research Mushi and aid people suffering from problems caused by them. The series is an episodic anthology in which the only common elements among episodes are Ginko and the various types of Mushi. There is no overarching plotline.

Characters

Due to Mushishi’s episodic nature, there are almost no recurring characters in the show.

The most frequently seen character is an otherworldy-looking man named Ginko, who is voiced by Yuto Nakano in the original version and by Travis Willingham in the English dub. Ginko is a rare person who attracts mushi, which inspires a lifestyle of constant wandering. He also smokes constantly in order to keep mushi away. In terms of personality, Ginko is rather laid back. However, he can be very serious when it comes to protecting people from mushi. He also often stresses that the mushi are not evil, but merely trying to survive like everyone else. A majority of the stories do not focus on Ginko, but rely on him as a catalyst to move the story forward by diagnosing or curing mushi-related illnesses and phenomena.

The only two other characters who have repeat appearances are a collector named Adashino (化野), who appears in episodes 5, 10, and briefly in 18, and Nui (ぬい?), a Mushi master who appears only in episode 12, but whose voice can be heard narrating some of the opening and closing lines characteristic of each episode. Yūji Ueda and Mika Doi voice those characters in the original version, while Chuck Huber and Jennifer Seman provide their voices in the English dub, respectively.

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Zhaan avatarZhaan.
    Marge avatarMarge

Greatest opening song ever? Most likely. It touches my heart so gently. xD

Kikyo avatarKikyo

Love this series so much. There can never be enough.

Zhaan avatarZhaan

It was nice to see Adashino again in ep 8. I wish he showed up more frequently.

Marge avatarMarge

When’s the new season out? :cute

Kikyo avatarKikyo

It started 2 weeks ago. 2 eps out already.

Momo avatarMomo

Yeah, I loved seeing young Mushishi :cute

Zhaan avatarZhaan

I’ve caught up. Ep 13 is also out now.

Young Ginko <3

Zhaan avatarZhaan

I’m rewatching the original series now. I do think it’s better than S2 has been so far, but it’s pretty close.

S1E1 is one of my favourites.

Marge avatarMarge

Another lovely episode

Zhaan avatarZhaan

Dat sad lightning ep

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
ManaJournal.comForumsOff-TopicMushishi Zoku-Shō: Shiver like I used to