THE 12TH DOCTOR REVEALED!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Oh wait…they’re not announcing that until 7pm london time/2pm est (today)

A live special on the BBC + BBC America will reveal who’s playing the 12th Doctor! This is a big deal.

And if you don’t know anything about Doctor Who, you should educate yourself

I’m dying from the anticipation

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Zhaan avatarZhaan.
    Zhaan avatarZhaan

I’ve only seen a few episodes of Dr Who, but I’m still excited about the reveal. My newfound love for Torchwood should eventually push me into watching this show anyway.

Cumberbatch and Freeman are both hot candidates from what I’ve gathered.

Brandy avatarBrandy

Seeing as I only started watching the show when Eleven was already the doctor this is the first time I’ve been part of the fandom while going through a switch in doctors it’s really quite exciting. I’m fairly certain they’ll pick a somewhat ~unknown~ actor but tbh I really have no clue AND IT’S DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Anyway…closer to the actual show I’ll post some livestream links in case anyone wants to watch and doesn’t have the BBC or BBC America

Zhaan avatarZhaan

I imagine Cumberbatch as a Doctor would be too similar to his role in Sherlock anyway. Another name I’ve heard mentioned is Jane Seymour. Now that’d be interesting..

But eh, they probably won’t pick a female actor, which is a shame.

Brandy avatarBrandy

Tbh, I WOULD SCREAM AND JUMP OFF A CLIFF if they announced Cumberbatch. I used to like him well enough but Sherlock was ruined for me by the fans (stupid i know, but it really was) and now I kind of hate it and Cumberbatch lol. I really don’t think that would happen though.

OMG a female doctor would be really cool, but you’re right they probably won’t pick one sighhh.

I’ve entertained the ideas of Richard Madden or Idris Elba but tbh I think I’d prefer an unknown actor.

Zhaan avatarZhaan

How did they ruin it? Spoilers? I’ve only watched the first season (because of Netflix Norway and its limited catalogue ), but I’m still hyped for future seasons.

Idris Elba is badass. Maybe too badass.

Brandy avatarBrandy

Well, as you know I am a tumblr demon and spend a lot of time on that stupid website, and the fandom on there is a bunch of raving lunatics obsessed with shipping john/sherlock and long story short they’re just REALLY annoying. Honestly, it shouldn’t taint my view of the show and I’m sure when season 3 comes out i’ll watch it and love it.

Yes, I would have to agree, he’d solve all the problems in like one episode and the show would have to end

edit**

Livestream links

The special starts in about 49 minutes

Zhaan avatarZhaan

A female doctor would be a refreshing change, but I don’t see it happening. The “Moffat is sexist” crowd won’t be pleased.

Brandy avatarBrandy

Apparently some photographer tweeted about photographing ‘him’

It doesn’t bug me that it will be another male, but a female doctor would be lovely

22 minutes

edit**

hhhhMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm

god i hate waiting

Zhaan avatarZhaan

Maybe it really is Cumberbatch then

Brandy avatarBrandy

Peter Capaldi

never heard of him lol

edit** omg i knew he was familiar he was in a random ep of DW in season 4

Zhaan avatarZhaan

Interesting choice. I’ve seen him on a few shows before, but I don’t know much about him.

Guess he’s big in the UK.

Brandy avatarBrandy

I guess it’s kind of cool they’re going back to an older actor after eccleston, tennant, and smith

He’ll probably be quite good

Zhaan avatarZhaan

Oh yeah, wasn’t he Sid’s dad in Skins?

Brandy avatarBrandy

Also he was in one of the later seasons of Torchwood…so you’ll see him soon.

Zhaan avatarZhaan

Oh, that’s cool. But isn’t Torchwood set in the same universe? Is he going to play the same character in Dr Who (just with err, promotions)?

Brandy avatarBrandy

Yeah technically it is in the same universe. And no he won’t be the same character, he’ll just be the Doctor. For the first 4 seasons of Doctor Who (of the 2005 reboot) the head writer of the show was a guy named Russell T. Davies…he also is responsible for Torchwood. When the 10th Doctor/David Tennant left the show he did as well. The new head writer since season 5 and onward has been Steven Moffat (also responsible for Sherlock). So there are some inconsistencies (and Moffat is kind of a bag of dicks so he tends to ignore Davies era/his characters/and Torchwood like the plague). BUT it’s still a great show. And I’m not sure if you know this but the Doctor is a species of alien called a Time Lord (when they are seriously injured and about to die so long as the death isn’t instant they can ‘regenerate’ – every cell in his body changes and he essentially gets a new body; hence the multiple actors playing the doctor). Yeah so he can probably live forever.

I feel like I got sidetracked somewhere in there heh

Zhaan avatarZhaan

Sounds cool.

Brandy avatarBrandy

dat jack harkness

Kikyo avatarKikyo

Never heard of the guy playing the new Dr., but that’s ok. I’m more interested in what kind of Dr. he’ll be. Each actor had a different take on him so it should be fun. have you seen the HP Dr who meme? The one where 9,10,11 are sorted into the houses? That’s pretty much what I’m looking forward to… And the Dr. Who clock or watch.

Also, mmmmmmmmmm Capt Jack :drool

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
ManaJournal.comForumsOff-TopicTHE 12TH DOCTOR REVEALED!