Kung Fu Panda has been announced for PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PC and Nintendo DS.
“Players embark on a legendary journey to fulfill Po’s destiny to become the Dragon Warrior. Learn and master Po, Shifu and the Furious Five’s specialized Kung Fu fighting styles, abilities and upgrades in order to defeat formidable bosses.”
In the Kung Fu Panda video game, players embark on an epic, action-packed adventure as they master the specialized Kung Fu fighting styles of Po the Panda, the unlikely hero, his teacher Shifu, and the legendary Kung Fu masters, the Furious Five: Monkey, Tigress, Viper, Mantis and Crane. Through 13 legendary levels from the movie and beyond, and spanning land, water and air, players must work their way to become the Dragon Warrior and defeat the ultimate enemy, Tai Lung, as they battle a variety of foes, overcome dangerous obstacles, navigate multi-tiered environments and solve challenging puzzles. Featuring a deep variety of gameplay, unique co-op and competitive multiplayer modes, collectibles, and a host of character upgrades, the Kung Fu Panda video game provides an experience gamers of all ages will enjoy.
Kung Fu Awesomeness – Players embark on a legendary journey to fulfill Po’s destiny to become the Dragon Warrior. Learn and master Po, Shifu and the Furious Five’s specialized Kung Fu fighting styles, abilities and upgrades in order to defeat formidable bosses like the Great Gorilla, the Wolf Sergeant and the ultimate enemy, Tai Lung.
Bodacious Humor – Kung Fu Panda’s unique brand of humor, quick-witted dialogue and hilarious situations bring the game to life for players of all ages to enjoy.
Play as all Your Favorite Characters – Gamers learn to utilize the special abilities and combat skills of Po, Shifu, Monkey, Tigress, Viper, Crane and Mantis. As gameplay progresses, unlock and experience each character’s special moves and upgrades.
- Master Po’s signature “Panda Style” maneuvers, including the Panda Quake, Panda Stumble and Iron Belly Blast. Plus earn awesome Kung Fu upgrades increasing Po’s strength, speed and agility, as he progresses from the unlikely hero to the powerful Dragon Warrior.
- Play as Po’s teacher, Shifu, the quick, agile and impressively skilled Kung Fu master. Players make use of Shifu’s wisdom and speed to perfect his whirlwind techniques.
- Take control of the daring Tigress, and utilize her fluid and powerful moves focusing on fast, stylized combat that allows gamers to master the Leaping Force and Tiger Charge maneuvers.
- Monkey’s spring-loaded tail attacks and explosive style make him one of the fastest Kung Fu masters around. His acrobatic abilities will let players execute a variety of lightening-fast platforming moves.
- Viper’s snake-like stealth abilities allow gamers to utilize her stealth abilities to pull off such moves as the Umbrella, Enemy Taxi and Choking Coil attacks.
- Players will soar with Crane’s Surface-to-Air Attacks using his graceful and light footed movements, which allow them to Fly, Glide and Swoop.
- Although the smallest of the Furious Five, Mantis’ super strength, strong grab maneuvers and super quick burst moves will allow players to deliver powerful and paralyzing strikes to foes.
Relive the Movie and Go Beyond With Exclusive Content – Experience favorite moments based on the film and discover never-before-seen, game-exclusive content co-created by DreamWorks Animation and Activision including a variety of environments, such as the mystical Lotus Lake, and characters, like the baddest ninja cats around, the Wu Sisters.
Experience 13 Legendary Levels – Players traverse 13 multi-stage levels from the movie and beyond, spanning air, water and land, to battle a variety of foes, overcome dangerous obstacles, navigate multi-tiered environments and solve challenging puzzles.
Join friends in multi-player action and co-op mode – Gamers can go head-to-head against friends across a wide variety of battle arenas with their favorite characters including Po and the Furious Five, Tai Lung, the ferocious Ox and others. Players can also team up in cooperative mode to work through a series of unique challenges and defeat dangerous enemies.
Publisher: Activision, Inc.
Developer: Luxoflux (PS3 and Xbox 360)
Xpec (Wii and PS2)
Beenox (Games for Windows / PC)
Vicarious Visions (NDS)
Release Date: May 2008
Platforms: PlayStation2 computer entertainment system/PlayStation3 computer entertainment system/Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft/Wii/Nintendo DS/Games for Windows ™ PC
Suggested Retail Price: $49.99 (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)
ESRB Rating: Console & PC – E10+ (Fantasy Violence, Mild Language)
NDS – E10+ (Cartoon Violence)